Monday, October 31, 2016

Desolate Marvel

Listen, can you see it?  This trivial mess that lays before.  The uncertain day comes like a winter storm in the middle of summer.  Where peace climbs to reach the top, chaos runs the race faster.  Caught in the undertow that drags me from shore, I am lost in the chaos.  Unfamiliar is my new home and isolation surround's me.  My chains keep me at bay and my past bullies me from moving on.  With so much pain, my heart hesitates to beat.  My tears fall like broken glass into an ocean of regret.  Where are you?  Are you there?  I need rescue, and I'm caught here at a point of confusion.  I’m tossed and thrown around like my very being is null and void.  I cry out for a hand so I can grip, but alas it remains empty.  This is the song I sing and it will be my brand every day.  The darkness takes hold as I fall beneath.  Sorrow abounds and the chains greet me with open arms.  The clouds sing their intense songs and dreams manifest into nightmares.  Fear kisses my forehead and claims me as its own.  Where is the hope?  Why did it desert me?  Failure pulls my strings as I dance the dance of past mistakes.  I’m in a constant free fall from lightno wingsno hope in sight.  Goodnight my desolate marvel

No comments:

Post a Comment